Friday, June 22, 2007

Xander Niazi. Boogie photography




This photo cought my eye by its utter simplicity, and its incredible beauty. I love birds, i really love birds. The way in which the photograph connects a human to a bird made me just fall in love with this shot. The spot in which the picture was taken is also interesting. To follow the "norm" , people dont tend to see other people carrying a bird down the street. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the setting, subject , and "prop" ( i would consider it another subject) make a compisition that i could not look past. i love this photo.




This, my friends, is my version of the photograph i chose to emulate.
Catching a wild bird didn't work out so well, so i figured i'd put my own spin on things.
And i also chose to do it in an ally instead of a sidewalk because the ally had more signifigance to me than just any old sidewalk.
I also chose to use the hand of a woman (girl) because they seem, almost, more gracful in a way.
I wish my attempts to catch a real bird would have worked.
But... thats life.

No comments: